The Modern Alternative is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should We ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then You can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Modern Alternative may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that You are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 02/09/2018.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) We control and process any personal information You provide to Us electronically in the following way. Unless otherwise defined, We only process Your personal details for accounts & records, advertising, marketing, PR or staff administration (where applicable) purposed;
We use the contract lawful basis under GDPR for the processing of Your information to provide details about our services, supplying a quote or estimate.
We shall continue to process Your information until the contract between Us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.Your personal data under the contract lawful basis is not shared with third parties.
If, as determined by Us, the lawful basis upon which We process Your personal information changes, We will notify You about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing Your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode
• preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We do with the information We gather:
We require this information to understand Your needs and provide You with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which We think You may find interesting using the email address which You have provided.
• From time to time, We may also use Your information to contact You for market research purposes
• We may contact You by email, phone, fax or mail
We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on Your computer’s hard drive. Once You agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets You know when You visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to You as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve Our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We use Google Analytics to track user behaviour. Google Analytics has always been an anonymous tracking system, there is no “personal data” being collected by the GA tracking cookie.
Overall, cookies help me provide You with a better website by enabling Us to monitor which pages You find useful and which You do not. A cookie in no way gives Us access to Your computer or any information about You, other than the data You choose to share with Us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. This may prevent You from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once You have used these links to leave Our site, You should note that We do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which You provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of Your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever You are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that You can click to indicate that You do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if You have previously agreed to Us using Your personal information for direct marketing purposes, You may change Your mind at any time by writing to or emailing Us at [email protected]
• We will not sell, distribute or lease Your personal information to third parties unless We have Your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use Your personal information to send You promotional information about third parties which We think You may find interesting if You tell us that You wish this to happen.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) if You feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
If You believe that any information We hold on You is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email Us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.